Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Florida!

Orlando, Florida

In March of 2009 I got the experience of going to Disney World in Orlando, Florida with my family. My parents surprised mybrothers and I that previous Chritmas with the news. The presents they gave us were hints that something was up. They gave us Disney pens, clothing, bags, and much more. We were all a little confused with the presents, so we asked why they were giving us so many Disney gifts. My parentsjust looked at each other and said "We're going to Disney World!" We were all so excited we didn't know what to say! My brother called his friend, which is our neighbour, and told him the news. The funny thing is, his family was going to Disney World too the same time we were. We thought our parents had planned this, but they told us they hadn't.

We drove to Minot, North Dakota and spent the night there. The next morning, we left brightand early for the Minneapolis airport and had to wait there for a couple of hours. We then boarded the plane for Florida! It was a long ride, but it was worth it. We didn't get to Florida until later that night, so we went straight to our house we were staying at and went straight to bed. The next morning we got up bright and early, ready for the day ahead of us.

The parks we visited in the week ahead of us were Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Discovery Cove. Personally, my favorite park at Disney World was Universal Studios. I really enjoyed this park because of a certain roller coaster called "The Hulk". This was my favorite roller coaster because it was super fast, had lots of loops and turns, and it gave me a huge rush of adrenaline that I have never experienced before. Other reasons why I enjoyed this park was because there was live talent, Kelly Clarkson, singing there that night and the movie "Bring it On: In it to Win it" was filmed at this park.

Magic Kingdom

This was my moms and youngest brothers favorite park. Magic Kingdom was a great experience for my family because it really does seem magical there, especially at night. At night everything is all lit up and there are fireworks coming from the castle and parades with all the Disney characters. Iwas a real sucker for this because love Disney movies and characters. Magic Kingdom was really cool because it felt like you were in an actual Disney movie, like Cinderella, because of how the streets and stores there are set up. My favorite part about Magic Kingdom would probably have to be the castle and meeting Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse!

Universal Studios

As I said before, this was my favorite park. This park contained many amazing, fun rides, but my favorite was The Hulk. This studio contains all the high-speed rides, high-octane stunt shows, and hilarious live performances. The most hilarious thing I went to was "The American Idol Experience". At this performance, people from anywhere in the world that are visiting the park can sign up and get the chance to experience American Idol personally. This was the most hilarious thing I went to because they don't always pick good singers. The one guy singing was from Canada, but he was absolutely brutal at singing, that's what made it so funny. Other reasons for why Universal was my favorite park are there were broad-way style musicals, Disney character meet and greets, and lots of stores!

Epcot

This was my dad's favorite theme park. Epcot was really cool because it was separated into future world and world showcase. I thought it was cool because the world showcase part of it is separated into 11 different countries around the world. These eleven countries include: Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, United States, Japan, Morocco, France, United Kingdom, and Canada. Each separate country contains attractions such as shops and restaurants that represent their culture and cuisine.

Animal Kingdom and Discovery Cove

Animal Kingdom was another one of my favorite parks because you could go on a safari and see real life African animals, which i absolutely LOVED! It is home to over 1700 animals of 250 different species. At discovery cove we got to swim with dolphins and stingrays. I loved this part too because it was the first time I had ever swam with dolphins and stingrays. I really liked the dolphins a lot, but I absolutely loved the sting rays. At first I was too scared to go in with the sting rays, but once I got in I loved it. They are the coolest animals ever. They feel exactly like velvet. There was this one sting ray that would not leave me alone and he would swim circles around me and stick his fin up at me like he was waving at me, it was so cool. My parents could not get me out of there. I spent almost the whole day in there with them, except for when we were in the bird sanctuary and on the lazy river. The funniest thing that happened at Discover Cove was my dad got pooped on by a bird, hahaha! I would love to go back to Discovery Cove.

Another cool thing we got to experience was going to an NHL game. We drove to Tampa Bay to watch the Tampa Bay Lightning take on the Ottawa Senators. I didn't pay much attention to the game because we got to sit in a box suite and we had hot waiters waiting on us, so I was paying more attention to them than to the game!


Article

Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park is the oldest and most popular park at Disney World. Most of Disney’s classic attractions are located right here!

Once you enter into Magic Kingdom you find yourself in Main Street, U.S.A. where it is setup like a small American town. There are several shops to choose from and straight ahead you can see the beautiful Cinderella’s Castle.

Magic Kindgom Attractions Adventure land
Jungle Cruise
This is a boat ride safari taking you through the jungles of the world. No need to worry, the animals are fake, but sound and move like they are real. Your tour guide will make the ride fun and interesting with corny jokes.

Pirates of the Caribbean
You can take a boat ride through the world of pirates. The ride is dark and cool so it’s a great place to just relax and enjoy the displays. They recently added a new feature: Captain Jack Sparrow!

Enchanted Tiki Room
This is a show featuring Aladdin’s Zazu and the Lion King’s Iago. The show is cute and fun and a great place to sit and take a break especially for the little ones.

The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
This is a great ride for the younger ones. You can board on a 4-seater magic carpet and fly around Genie’s magic lamp! You can also control your magic carpet: the front row controls up and down movement while the back row controls the tilting of the carpet.

Swiss Family Treehouse
Climb into the Robinson Treehouse and take a tour while you notice the amazing detail. There is a lot of climbing involved so if you may have problems, then you might want to pass on this attraction.

Frontierland
Big Thunder Mountain
If you want a thrill, you should aboard this railroad which based on the gold rush times. For a greater thrill you might want to consider sitting in the back.

Splash Mountain
One of the main attractions of Magic Kingdom is this famous water ride. The ride is themed after the movie “Song of the South.” The ride takes you up the mountain as the fox and the bear try to catch the rabbit when you’re surprised with a steep splash!

Country Bear Jamboree
Experience your country side during this show. You will be entertained as you watch several audio-animatronics grizzly bears perform a hoe-down. Get ready to clap your hands and have fun!

Tom Sawyer Island
Only accessible via raft, you can find yourself on this island to take a break from the Magic Kingdom madness or maybe even have a picnic. It is a great place for the adults to sit back and enjoy the atmosphere while the kids have fun playing in the island’s playground.


3 comments:

  1. I loved Florida tooooo! I waited in line to get on the stupid Hulk roller coaster for like an hour and then they shut it down because it was raining! i was so mad! Dualing Dragons i just about cried on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahh i love roller coasters but i always get sick after riding them.. which really sucks, but that one picture of the roller coaster looks AWESOMEE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks awesome, I would likely pass out on that roller coaster. That's insane! From Jenn.

    ReplyDelete