Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Minneapolis!

Last summer my mom, dad, two brothers, me, and my parents friends family went to Minneapolis to watch a baseball game. We were there for about a week. It was really fun. I had never been to an MLB game before so it was an awesome experience for me. We stayed at a hotel right across from the Mall of America! We went to the mall a couple of days. It was HUGE! It even has an amusement park in it! We went to the amusement park for a day and the other day we just shopped. The coolest thing about that mall was I saw Zac Efron! He is SO much hotter in person! I didn't buy very much at the mall, but one of the days my family went to this big shopping center with a bunch of outlet stores. I can't remember what it was called, but it was super cheap there and I bought a whole bunch of new clothes and a couple pairs of shoes too! Finally, it was time to go to the ball game! It was awesome. We got to ride this little subway train type thing all across the city that took us right to the diamond. The downside of the ball game was it was really busy and we had to sit below people who kept throwing peanut shells in our hair. My dad turned around and yelled at them. Funniest thing that happened that whole weekend because they kept doing it. What's even funnier about it was they were old people and usually old people are respectful enough to stop, but nope! These ones acted like they were five years old. Eventually I got mad and turned around and yelled at them too. They stopped. My family is going back to Minneapolis this summer to watch the Twins vs the Red Sox. I am super excited!


Outside Article

Mauer takes at-bats in simulated game

MINNEAPOLIS -- Injured catcher Joe Mauer had five at-bats in a simulated game on Tuesday in Fort Myers, Fla., and is scheduled to take live batting practice against right-hander Joe Nathan on Wednesday.

Twins manager Ron Gardenhire initially said Mauer would play with Class A Fort Myers on Tuesday, but with the Miracle traveling across the state to play in Jupiter, Mauer stayed back to take some swings and work out at the club's Spring Training facility.

Gardenhire also said that "in his mind," Mauer will not rejoin the Twins on Thursday, as he's still slated to take swings against Nathan, who is rehabbing after being placed on the disabled list retroactive to May 24 with a right flexor muscle strain, on Wednesday.

"I'm waiting to see what they tell me," Gardenhire said. "I know he had a day today and he did his water therapy. And I know tomorrow he'll take live BP off Joe Nathan and then we'll evaluate and see where he's at."

Twins general manager Bill Smith said he "agreed 100 percent" with Gardenhire's assertion that it's unlikely Mauer will rejoin the Twins on Thursday, but said they will reassess Mauer's condition after his session with Nathan on Wednesday.

"Re-evaluation after that and we'll make the decision whether we need more time or not," Smith said

2 comments: