Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tokyo ;

I would like to visit Tokyo because I think it would be cool to experience their culture and traditions. The only negative thing is I don't think I would be able to eat their food. I am not a fan of raw fish. I tried it in Hawaii and I spit it all over the floor! Some of the sites I would like to see are the Tokyo Tower, the Tokyo Dome City because of the amusement park, Shinjuku Gyoen, a beautiful garden in the middle of Shinjuku, the Sony Building, Mount Takao-san because I think it would be really peaceful and beautiful going on a hike, Toshogu Shrine, Ueno Zoo, and Tokyo Disney Resort. I think it would be really neat to go to Tokyo and meet people that could teach me their language and how to write it.

Outside Article

Man dies after falling off Tokyo roller coaster

TOKYO —

A 34-year-old man died after falling off a roller coaster in motion at an amusement park in central Tokyo on Sunday, prompting the park to suspend all its rides and police and government officials to investigate on suspicion the park neglected safety control.

In the incident at around 12:45 p.m. at Tokyo Dome City Attractions in Bunkyo Ward, the man fell about 7 to 8 meters to a concrete surface from the Spinning Coaster Maihime, which repeats spins and turns on a short track. He was taken to a hospital but died about two hours later, police said.

The Metropolitan Police Department suspects the machine may have begun moving before the man, who was large, had a safety bar fully locked on him, they said.

A park employee operated the roller coaster to start at the time after a college student working part-time checked the status of the safety bar, but the machine is not designed to stay halted until bars are locked and can run without locks, park officials said.

The Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Ministry sent four officials to see if the roller coaster has any structural problems or the park had faults in its safety control.

At the amusement park near the ballpark, a girl sustained minor injuries after part of another roller coaster fell on her in December. In November, a female maintenance staffer had several fingers severed while performing safety checks on another ride.


After reading this article, I have changed my mind about the amusement park!


3 comments:

  1. That's really scary. That makes me never want to go on roller coasters again. I don't think I would go to Japan, it would be super busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holyyy im definitely going to think twice before getting on the next roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel off a rollarcoaster once, landed on my feet like a cat.

    ReplyDelete